Gain a TEFL certificate in one week with real teaching practice and work experience in an academy. The one-week course is a highly intensive, condensed version of the month course and a very practical introduction to English teaching.
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for you if:
- You have never taught and want a practical introduction to teaching English.
- You trained a long time ago and would like to refresh your skills.
- You have a background in education but not specifically teaching English as a foreign language.
- One week of intensive TEFL training (10:30am-6:30pm, Monday-Friday)
- 10 hours of observed classroom time and teaching practice with real students
- In-depth digital course book for personal study
- Practice with the latest in classroom technology – interactive whiteboards and multimedia centre
- Access to quality teaching material and resources
- Insight into the workings of a language academy
- Employment opportunities in our affiliate school, Languages4Life
- Job contacts and professional advice on working as an English teacher in Barcelona and further afield
Places are very limited, we keep the groups small to make them as productive as possible.
To book your place simply complete our registration form with your details and you’ll be taken directly to our secure payment page.
If you’d like to discuss the course in more detail or request a Skype chat please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course start dates
- May 8th 2017
- June 5th 2017
- July 3rd 2017
Real work experience as a teacher
You’ll spend 10 hours in a variety of real classroom situations and take part in teaching practice.
Grammar & Language Awareness
You’ll learn the mechanics of the English language and how to teach it in a simple, fun way. Grammar points covered: the verb tenses, parts of speech, auxiliary verbs and modal verbs, conditionals, passive voice, phrasal verbs & idioms.
The most popular, effective way of teaching is using a student-centred communicative approach. You’ll practice a communicative style of teaching and learn how to use context to convey meaning to English learners of all abilities. You’ll also learn how to teach grammar and vocabulary in a fun, meaningful way.
You’ll learn how to create engaging lesson plans for classes of different sizes and abilities.
Multimedia in the classroom
The best teachers use a variety of resources – you’ll benefit from practicing on a modern interactive whiteboard and multimedia system.
You’ll learn how to create an effective learning environment, deal with typical student problems and error correction.
Foreign language lesson
Being a beginner can be a daunting experience – take part in an unknown foreign language to put yourself in the shoes of your beginner students.
CV preparation and interview skills
Get professional advice on working as an English teacher in Barcelona, advice on CV and interview preparation, employer contact database.
Grammar and methodology exam
One hour exam on the final day of the course, 70% pass required.
Please complete our simple, non-committal application form and we’ll get back to you in under 12 hours.