The 20-hour weekend TEFL course is a great introduction to TEFL training in only two days.
This course is designed to give you a solid introduction into the world of English teaching and learning, whilst taking into consideration the financial and time constraints most people face nowadays.
- 20 hours of intensive TEFL training (9am-8pm Saturday & 9am-6pm Sunday)
- In-depth digital course book for personal study
- Practice with the latest classroom technology – interactive whiteboards and multimedia centre
- Peer-to-peer teaching sessions on both days
- Classroom demonstrations and videos
- Lesson in an unknown foreign language
- Access to quality teaching material and resources
- Quality-assured training from experienced and qualified tutors
- Professional advice on working as an English teacher in Barcelona and further afield
- 20-Hour TEFL Course Certificate
By the end of the course you will be familiar with English grammar, language teaching and learning theory, classroom management and lesson preparation.
2016 Weekend Dates
Next dates: 22nd & 23rd October 2016
Course Timetable – Day one
9:00 – Introductions, warmers, language teaching and learning
Introduction to language teaching and learning, how do people learn a language? What makes a good teacher?
10:00 – The verb tenses
All the verb tenses, their uses, how to create context to teach them
11:00 – Break
11:20 – Foreign language lesson & feedback
One hour of an unknown foreign language – experience it from the point of view of the student. No English spoken!
13:00 – LUNCH
14:00 – Parts of speech
Learn to analyse and deconstruct a sentence – nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and more
15:00 – EFL methodologies and approaches
PPP, ESA, how to teach grammar and vocabulary.
16:30 – Break
16:50 – Demonstration video & critical review
Observe a real English class being taught
17:45 – Lesson preparation and peer teaching
Prepare your first lesson and participate in peer teaching. Peer and tutor feedback
20:00 – Finish
09:00 – Auxiliary verbs, modal verbs, phrasal verbs, conditionals
What they mean and how to teach them
11:00 – Break
11:20 – Teaching topics
How to create fun and engaging discussions, roleplay, debate and opinion cards for the ESL classroom
13:00 – LUNCH
14:00 – Low level teaching
How to teach complete beginners and the problems that may arise in class
15:30 – Break
15:50 – Lesson preparation and peer teaching
Prepare and teach your second lesson. Peer and tutor feedback
17:15 – EFL employment
Advice on finding work abroad, job search, CV & interview preparation and tips
18:00 – Course review and finish
Please complete our simple, non-committal application form and we’ll get back to you in under 12 hours.