Deciding to do a TEFL course in another country is a life-changing decision. As well as embarking on a new career, you’ll also make new friends, live in a new apartment and get to know a new city. These are big changes, and while they’re exciting, they can also be stressful. However, all of the staff at TEFL Iberia have been through exactly the same experience (and come out the other side!) and we’re here to support you in every step of your move.
We can direct you towards good-quality, affordable and centrally located accommodation, shared with other students on the course. Before placing students in accommodation we interview the landlords and view the properties, so you can rest easy knowing that you’re going into a pre-vetted living situation! It’s ideal for meeting people and exploring the city! Find out more about our stress-free accommodation service.
Help with local bureaucracy – what makes our service different?
Moving and getting set up in a new country involves a lot of paperwork and trips to the foreign office and local council office.
- We will book your NIE appointment for you. These appointments are notoriously hard to come by and we’ll save you a lot of hassle.
- A coordinator from the school will personally accompany you to the foreign office to help with paperwork and translations.
- The school will provide you with proof of address to allow you to get your empadronamiento (read more).
This service is included in all of our courses packages.
We provide a hassle-free visa service to allow you to work legally in Barcelona. This includes:
- Detailed guidance on how to gather all the necessary paperwork.
- Help completing the Spanish application form.
- Special discount on health insurance for US applicants.
- Free express DHL delivery of your school enrolment letter.
- Coordinators with years of experience in processing student visas.
A student visa will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week, which is considered full time for English teaching work. Find out more about how to process a visa.
Dedicated careers service
Every student comes to us from a different educational and professional background, so we take the time to sit with you one-on-one to help you find the best teaching job according to your interests, strengths and experience. The service includes:
- helping you tailor your CV and highlighting your skills for your ideal teaching job
- putting you in touch with hundreds of employers and language schools in Barcelona
- helping you get the correct working papers for Spain
Our goal is to have all our graduates in teaching positions as soon as possible after the course. Read more about our dedicated careers service.
You are always welcome back!
Our commitment to you doesn’t finish on the last day of the course. TEFL Iberia is your stepping stone to Barcelona and a welcome base where you can feel at home. It’s not just a course – it’s a community, and you’re always welcome back to seek advice on the challenges posed by living abroad, for example:
- choosing between different job offers
- opening a bank account
- offering advice on rental contracts / internet providers / mobile phone contracts
- registering with a doctor.
Our door is always open!