Finding a job after the course is the most important part of studying TEFL. That’s why at TEFL Iberia we have a dedicated careers service to help you find paid teaching work as early on as possible.
Our service is unique in that we’ve enlisted the help of Jade Cintron, one of the leaders of the BTTA – Barcelona TEFL Teachers Association. This group was set up in 2006 as a meeting point for the numerous TEFL teachers in Barcelona, to make friends, swap lessons, share job opportunities, cover each other’s private lessons and create a support network for new teachers in the city. Jade has been involved since the very beginning and is uniquely placed to give excellent advice to new teachers – she knows exactly what it takes to land a teaching job in a good school. Included in the careers service is:
- CV preparation workshop – send in your CV to have it tailored for an English teaching job
- Job interview preparation and practice – learn the do’s and don’ts and typical questions for language school jobs
- How to find private lessons
- How to obtain the correct working papers in Spain
- Specifically for non-EU teachers – how to deal with employment issues
- A large database of employer contact details in and around Barcelona – we’ve done the legwork so you don’t have to.
Working at TEFL Iberia and Languages4life
We work in conjunction with Languages4life, a modern up-and-coming language academy in Barcelona. They are expanding rapidly and hire exclusively from TEFL Iberia graduates. New positions are continually cropping up meaning our graduates have privileged access to new teaching jobs. Not only this, we maintain good working relationships with many languages schools in Barcelona and encourage recruiters to advertise their new positions with us.
Our commitment to our graduates doesn’t stop there, after the course we keep you updated with job opportunities on our regular mailing list. For more information check out our graduate testimonials.